Monday, June 25, 2007

chubbs and chucks

i call him chucky. he calls me chubby.

he looks like a real-life chucky minus the blood and psychotic expression. everytime i mention it to someone they go "oh yeaaa. actually, he does a bit!"

and i... well, i'm chubby. i've stopped denying it. i've stopped looking at myself in the mirror and sucking in my belly thinking to myself "i can still suck it in so it's okay." i used to wake up with a flat stomach. i don't wake up with a flat stomach anymore. i just wake up with a big stomach. i can't use the "i just ate so it doesn't count" excuse anymore, because even hours after eating... it's still that big.

i am not complaining that i am fat. i'm just a fat skinny person. which is probably worse.

so this weekend i decided to start doing something about it. i did some abdominal exercises and realised how terribly unfit i am. yesterday cam and i got psyched up to play some tennis. something we've been meaning to do for several months now.

after about 15 minutes under the sun, we were panting like crazy. half an hour later, we were about to collapse. one day later... my body has delivered swift retribution for not keeping it fit. my butt hasn't been this sore in a long, long time.

oh dearie me.

2 comments:

Candidette said...

we were panting like crazy. half an hour later, we were about to collapse. one day later... my body has delivered swift retribution for not keeping it fit. my butt hasn't been this sore in a long, long time.

you have no idea how suspicious that sounds.

Alysia S. said...

HAHAHAHA.

need a ladder to get out the gutter? =p